About Jason Thorne
Jason "Airborne" Throne was born and raised in Peterborough, Ontario. He got his first bike when he was 5 years old, it was a Honda z50 that his dad found at a yard sale.
Thorne turned pro at 16 and has been a professional racer and freestyle motocross (FMX) rider for over 20 years. He was one of the pioneers of freestyle motocross and the only Canadian member of the Metal Mulisha - the world's biggest and best FMX team.
Thorne now commands a successful FMX entertainment, clothing and accessories business representing brands like Metal Mulisha, ThorneMX, Synik, and Fleshgear.
Thorne and his FMX team has travelled the world, performing private and public FMX stunt shows in front of tens of thousands of people.
TV & Magazine Exposure
Appeared on the first ever freestyle outdoor contest broadcasted on Fox Sports Net “Moto Survival Tour”, also appeared on Pay Per View, TSN, OLN, SportsNet, CS, Global, Chex, Showcase, Speedvision, M80 and many local stations.
Other notable television programs include Storage Wars Canada and Camp Crusty Reality shows.
Appeared in Motocross Action, RacerX, Transworld, MX Unplugged, MX Machine, Motocross, MXP, IMX, PRN, Motocross Journal and numerous local & national newspapers across North and South America.
- Canada's King of Freestyle
- 2nd place Toronto Supercross Lites Pro
- 2nd place Montreal Supercross Lites Pro
- Raced Motocross De Nation for Team Canada
- 2nd place at CMA
- CMRC Pro #s 77,19,12,15,12,10,11,25
- Numerous arena cross podium finishes
- 2nd place at Montreal FMX
- Ranked top 15 in North America in FMX 2005
- TBO Entertainment Champion FMX
- Competed on the IFMA Clear Channel FMX Tour 1999-2005
- First Canadian and only Canadian on Crusty Demons of Dirt video series. Worlds largest sales of a sports action video. Made the box cover twice.
- Thousands of local race and FMX wins
- Numerous charity functions and events